Colorado Rockies Top 20 Prospects for 2008
- Franklin Morales, LHP, Grade A-
- Casey Weathers, RHP, Grade B+
- Ian Stewart, 3B, Grade B
- Hector Gomez, SS, Grade B
- Christopher Nelson, SS, Grade B
- Dexter Fowler, OF, Grade B-
- Greg Reynolds, RHP, Grade B- (Would rank higher but worried about health)
- Juan Morillo, RHP, Grade B-
- Brandon Hynick, RHP, Grade B-
- Seth Smith, OF, Grade B-
- Eric Young Jr, 2B, Grade B-
- Dan Mayora, INF, Grade B-
- Brian Rike, OF, Grade B-
- Pedro Strop, RHP, Grade C+ (tough grade, could be B-)
- Chaz Roe, RHP, Grade C+ (arm to rank higher but command??)
- Joe Koshansky, 1B, Grade C+
- Will Harris, RHP, Grade C+
- Aneury Rodriguez, RHP, Grade C+
- Connor Graham, RHP, Grade C+
- Jhoulys Chacin, RHP, Grade C+
Several borderline B-/C+ cases that are difficult to grade in the 10-16 range. I remain partial to Seth Smith.
Again, don't get all pissy about exact placement on this list. The grades are more important than someone being ranked 15th instead of 13th.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February! The Top 50/50 list will be sent out to all orders with a valid email address later this week.