2007 Colorado Rockies Prospects
- Troy Tulowitzki, SS, Grade A- (I go back and forth between A- and B+ on this one)
- Chris Iannetta, C, B+ (I really love him)
- Ian Stewart, 3B, B+ (Still very young, have faith)
- Franklin Morales, LHP, B+ (awesome arm, needs control)
- Ubaldo Jimenez, RHP, B (awesome arm, needs control)
- Greg Reynolds, RHP, B (I like him, but I liked Justin Wayne and Jeff Austin, too)
- Dexter Fowler, OF, B (tools guy making progress developing skills)
- Shane Lindsay, RHP, B (excellent power arm if labrum is OK)
- Jonathan Herrera, SS, B (similar to Erick Aybar)
- Seth Smith, OF, B (I think I like this guy more than anyone else)
- Sam Deduno, RHP, B- (awesome arm, needs control)
- Jeff Baker, OF, B- (good bat, needs a place to play)
- Juan Morillo, RHP, B- (awesome arm, needs control)
- Joe Koshansky, 1B, C+ (good power but batting average will be a question)
- Corey Wimberley, 2B, C+ (very fast, not much power)
- Manny Corpas, RHP, C+ (solid middle relief guy)
- Eric Young Jr, 2B, C+ (overlooked leadoff guy with speed and patience)
- Josh Sullivan, RHP, C+ (possible breakthrough candidate)
- Hector Gomez, SS, C+ (young and promising Latin infielder)
- Dan Mayora, SS, C+ (young and promising Latin infielder)
The Rockies in One Sentence: This farm system is underrated and deserves more attention, with a nice mix of power arms and position players with upside.
ALL GRADES ARE PRELIMINARY. If you hate a grade, feel free to make a case for me to change it, though remember that cases phrased respectfully using logic and facts are more likely to be viewed positively than those featuring insults and invective.
There is a lot of slack in the B-/C+/C range and players may move up and down depending on how my thinking progresses. Feel free to make comments, point out sleepers I may have missed, etc. Note that there is only a limited amount of space in the book, and the max I can do is 35-36 players per team.
And, as always, there is the helpful reminder to Buy My Book, which will lay out reports for all these guys (and more) in detail.