As long time readers know, I have been building my own farm system called the Shadow Twins since 1996, making my own picks in the amateur draft, while keeping to a realistic budget and drafting at whatever spot the real Twins are at that year. Starting in 2012 this includes my own international signings as well. Before 2012 the Shadow Twins signed whoever the real Twins did internationally. Sometimes the Shadow Twins are stronger than the Real Twins, and sometimes the Real Twins are stronger than the Shadow version.
I will put the last few draft classes in the comments thread.
Here is how the Shadow system currently looks:
SHADOW TWINS TOP PROSPECTS FOR 2015
1) Miguel Sano, 3B, Grade A-: Original Twins international signing from Dominican Republic that I stayed with. I started doing my own international signings in 2012 so as time passes there will be fewer and fewer holdovers like this.
2) Jose Berrios, RHP, Grade B+: Supplemental first round pick from high school in Puerto Rico in 2012, this was a real pick I stayed with.
3) Clint Frazier, OF, Grade B+ (Indians): First round pick in 2013 from high school in Georgia. Real Twins picked Kohl Stewart.
4) Nick Gordon, SS, Grade B: First round pick in 2014 from high school in Florida, real Twins pick I stayed with.
5) Ben Lively, RHP, Grade B (Phillies) : Fourth round pick in 2013 from University of Central Florida. Real Twins picked lefty Stephen Gonsalves.
6) Christian Walker, 1B, Grade B- (Orioles): Fourth round pick in 2012 from University of South Carolina. Real Twins picked RHP Zack Jones.
7) Jorge Polanco, INF, Grade B-: Original Twins international signing from Dominican Republic.
8) Duane Underwood, RHP, Grade B- (Cubs): Second round pick in 2012 from high school in Georgia, real Twins picked lefty Mason Melotakis.
9) Mitchell Brown, RHP, Grade B- (Indians): Supplemental first round pick in 2012 from high school in Minnesota. Real Twins picked Georgia Tech RHP Luke Bard.
10) Lewis Thorpe, LHP, Grade B-: Real Twins signing from Australia that I stayed with as part of my first international class in 2012.
11) Eddie Rosario, OF-2B, Grade B-: Fourth round pick in 2010 from high school in Puerto Rico, real Twins pick I stayed with.
12) Nick Burdi, RHP, Grade B-: Second round pick in 2014 from University of Louisville, real Twins pick I stayed with.
13) Nolan Sanburn, RHP, Grade B- (White Sox): Second round pick in 2012 from University of Arkansas. Real Twins picked RHP J.T. Chargois
14) Mikie Mahtook, OF, Grade C+ (Rays): First round pick in 2011 from Louisiana State University. Real Twins picked infielder Levi Michael.
15) Max Kepler, OF, Grade C+: Original Twins signing from Germany before I started doing my own international class.
16) Travis Harrison, OF, Grade C+. Supplemental first round pick from high school in California in 2011. Real Twins pick I stayed with.
17) Stuart Turner, C, Grade C+: Third round pick in 2013 from University of Mississippi. Real Twins pick I stayed with.
18) Adam Brett Walker, OF, Grade C+: Third round pick in 2012 from Jacksonville University, Real Twins pick I stayed with.
20) Jharel Cotton, RHP, Grade C+ (Dodgers): 19th round pick in 2012 from East Carolina University. Real Twins picked outfielder Jonathan Murphy.
21) Chih-Wei Hu, RHP, Grade C+: Real Twins signing I stayed with.
OTHERS: Mat Batts, LHP; Damion Carroll, RHP; Seth Frankoff, RHP; Austin Gomber, LHP; Niko Goodrum, INF; Tyler Jones, RHP; Kyle Kinman, LHP; Ben Klimesh, RHP; Tyler Kuresa, 1B; Tyler Ladendorf, UT; Corey Littrell, LHP; Jeremy Lucas, C; Luke Maile, C; Chase Mallard, RHP; Juan Mauricio, SS; Mason McVay, LHP; Jared Mitchell, OF; Austin Nola, SS: Franklin Perez, RHP; Brandon Peterson, RHP; Nick Petree, RHP; Michael Ratterree,OF; Donn Roach, RHP (C+); Wilfredo Rodriguez, C; Adrian Salcedo,RHP; Eric Skogland, LHP; Luke Tendler, OF; Jose Trevino, C (C+); Riley Unroe, SS (C+); Pat Venditte, SHP; Alex Wimmers, RHP; Huascar Ynoa, RHP; Shane Zeile, C
KEY TWINS PROSPECTS NOT IN MY SHADOW SYSTEM:
Byron Buxton (I drafted Kevin Gausman instead)