Pittsburgh Pirates Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Andrew McCutchen, OF, Grade A-
- Steven Pearce, OF-1B, Grade B+
- Neil Walker, 3B, Grade B (not convinced he'll hit quite as well as they expect)
- Daniel Moskos, LHP, Grade B
- Brad Lincoln, RHP, Grade C+ (pending recovery from TJ)
- Brian Bixler, SS, Grade C+
- Shelby Ford, 2B, Grade C+
- Duke Welker, RHP, Grade C+
- Brian Friday, SS, Grade C+
- Andrew Walker, C, Grade C+
- Jamie Romak, OF, Grade C
- Nyjer Morgan, OF, Grade C
- Brad Corley, OF, Grade C
- Bryan Bullington, RHP, Grade C
- Matt Peterson, RHP, Grade C
- Romulo Sanchez, RHP, Grade C
- Quincy Latimore, OF, Grade C
- Marcus Davis, OF, Grade C
- Tony Watson, LHP, Grade C
- Josh Sharpless, RHP, Grade C
What a horrible system. There isn't much else to say about it.
Again, don't get all pissy about exact placement on this list. The grades are more important than someone being ranked 15th instead of 13th.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February!