Mock Draft/Real Draft Comparison: Astros
Let's start this with an easy one, the Mock Draft/Real Draft comparison for the Astros.
- Kevin Keyes, OF, Texas HS (26th round to Rangers in real draft)
- Tommy Toledo, RHP, Florida HS (3rd round to Padres in real draft)
- Austin Bailey, RHP, Alabama HS (16th round to Red Sox in real draft)
- Derek Dietrich, 3B, Ohio HS (not selected in mock draft)
- Brett Eibner, OF, Texas HS (not selected in mock draft)
- Collin DeLome, OF, Lamar (4th round to Mariners in mock draft)
It is interesting to see how the Mock SD and the Real SD approached the handicap of having no first or second round picks: both of them popped high school players with upside in the third and fourth rounds, although the names were different of course. Keyes and Bailey fell to the later rounds in real life due to signability, but all three of the Mock picks could be worthwhile if the team put the money in to sign them. Overall I think both the Mock and Real scouting directors did a good job approaching this. Poll question in the comment thread.
Which do you prefer?
This poll is closed
Astros Mock Draft
Astros Real Draft