Robinson Cano makes the play (AP)
Top 20 Yankees Review
- Eric Duncan, 3B: .235/.324/.327 in 40 games for Double-A Trenton. Overmatched by Double-A competition at this point, though young for the level.
- Phil Hughes, RHP: Dominating Class A Charleston, 1.72 ERA, 41/12 K/BB in 37 innings.
- Marcos Vechionacci, INF: .306/.383/.388 in 32 games for Class A Charleston. Effective line drive hitter, looks good so far.
- Steven White, RHP: On Double-A disabled list with strained abdominal muscle.
- Chien-Ming Wang, RHP: Holding his own in the major league rotation.
- Melky Cabrera, OF: .258/.310/.368 at Double-A Trenton. Doing better than Duncan or Sardinha, but that's not saying much.
- Robinson Cano, 2B: Just up to the majors after battering Triple-A pitching.
- Bronson Sardinha, OF-3B: .207/.276/.321 for Double-A Trenton. Very disappointing season so far.
- Christian Garcia, RHP: 2-2, 3.49, 40/17 K/BB in 39 innings for Charleston. Doing well, should continue to improve.
- Tyler Clippard, RHP: 5-2, 3.20 for Class A Tampa, 48/15 K/BB ratio in 45 innings. Pitching quite well.
- Abel Gomez, LHP: 2.60 ERA, 31/14 K/BB in 35 innings, 27 hits. Command still needs work but generally pitching well.
- Brett Smith, RHP: 3.48 ERA at Charleston led to promotion to Tampa, where he has 4.15 ERA but weak 5/4 K/BB in first 13 innings. Doing OK.
- Eric Abreu, RHP: Extended spring training with an elbow injury.
- Jesse Hoover, RHP: Sidelined with back injury.
- Erold Andrus, OF: .259/.320/.380 with 3 steals for Class A Tampa. Performing adequately but needs to do better.
- Colter Bean, RHP: 3.44 ERA, 27/4 K/BB in 18 innings for Triple-A. Pitched in one major league game. He can help someone if they let him.
- Alex Graman, LHP: 4.02 ERA, 37/14 K/BB in 40 innings at Triple-A Columbus. Typical Graman performance.
- Rudy Guillen, OF: .236/.281/.333 with 5 steals for Tampa. Problems with plate discipline remain evident.
- Ramon Ramirez, RHP: Demoted to Double-A after 5.54 ERA at Triple-A. Problems with command.
- Jeff Marquez, RHP: 3.12 ERA, 39/22 K/BB in 43 innings for Charleston. Pitching well but needs to sharpen command.
Status Slipping: Sardinha, Guillen.
Watch Out For: Matt DeSalvo, RHP; Mitch Jones, OF (if you're not afraid of strikeouts.)