Victor Diaz (AP)
Update on Mets Top 20
- Yusmeiro Petit, RHP: 1-2, but with a 3.13 ERA and 40/5 K/BB in 37 innings in Double-A. Doing well.
- Phil Humber, RHP: 0-3, but with 3.77 ERA and 25/10 K/BB in 29 innings for St. Lucie. Doing OK, no change in status.
- Lastings Milledge, OF: .263/.354/.374 for Class A St. Lucie. Problems with health and plate discipline.
- Gaby Hernandez, RHP: 2-1 with 3.18 ERA, 44/16 K/BB ratio in 40 innings for Class A Hagerstown. Pitching very well, everything expected.
- Victor Diaz, OF: Hit .294/.423/.541 for the Mets, before ending up back in the minors due to roster crunching.
- Alay Soler, RHP: Visa problems.
- Aarom Baldiris, 2B-3B: Hitting .273/.353/.338 at Double-A Binghamton. Gets on base, hits line drives, but lack of power is a major issue.
- Ambiorix Concepcion, OF: .205/.242/.364 with a horrible 4/40 BB/K ratio for Hagerstown. Bad strike zone judgment is crippling him.
- Matt Durkin, RHP: 4.15 ERA, 28/23 K/BB in 30 innings for Hagerstown. Needs better command.
- Brian Bannister, RHP: 6-1, 1.94 ERA in Double-A, with 43/13 K/BB in 51 innings. Having a great year, pushing up the prospect lists.
- Jeff Keppinger, 2B: Hitting .374/.420/.516 at Triple-A Norfolk. A fine player looking for a job, may "lack tools" but knows how to play.
- Jamar Hill, OF: .176/.241/.288 in 34 games for Class A St. Lucie. Hampered by bad plate discipline.
- Jesus Flores, C: 3-for-23 at Hagerstown.
- Blake McGinley, LHP: 4.71 ERA, 22/7 K/BB in 29 innings at Norfolk. Wants to be a LOOGY when he grows up.
- Angel Pagan, OF: Hitting .265/.333/.381 in Triple-A. Holding his own but needs to boost production further to get a chance.
- Evan MacLane, LHP: 2-3, 3.16 with 27/6 K/BB in 43 innings for St. Lucie. Doing OK, great control, but K/IP is not very impressive.
- Brett Harper, 1B: .281/.341/.588 for St. Lucie, has 13 homers already. Needs to repeat this at higher levels.
- Wayne Lydon, OF: Hitting .186/.271/.240 in Double-A. Has 14 steals, but obviously needs to hit a lot better than this to get a chance.
- Vincent Cordova, RHP: 2-3, 3.95 with 38/7 K/BB in 43 innings for St. Lucie. Has given up 47 hits though.
- Ken Chenard, RHP: 3-3, 3.11 with 34/14 K/BB in 38 innings in Double-A. Doing fine.
Status Slipping: Hill, Concepcion