LOS ANGELES DODGERS TOP 20 PROSPECTS
- Chad Billingsley, RHP, Grade A-
- Joel Guzman, SS-3B-OF, Grade A-
- Andy LaRoche, 3B, Grade B+
- Jonathan Broxton, RHP, B+
- Russell Martin, C, B+
- Scott Elbert, LHP, B+
- Blake DeWitt, 3B, B+
- Chin-Lung Hu, SS, B
- Andre Ethier, OF, B
- Justin Orenduff, RHP, B
- Etanislao Abreu, 2B, B-
- Delwyn Young, 2B, B-
- Travis Denker, 2B, B-
- Matt Kemp, OF, B- (grade change from C+ in the book)
- Blake Johnson, RHP, B-
- Hong Chi Kuo, LHP, B-
- James Loney, 1B, C+
- Justin Ruggiano, OF, C+ (grade change from B- in book)
- Anthony Raglani, OF, C+
- Josh Wall, RHP, C+
I gave Matt Kemp a C+ in the book, due to concerns about his strike zone judgment, but I think I will raise that to B- due to his excellent overall potential and athleticism.
James Loney may be controversial at C+, but the fact is that he hasn't lived up to expectations. A first baseman with a career SLG of .411 has a lot of work to do.
I'm dropping Justin Ruggiano from B- to C+. I still like him a lot, but I needed to account more strongly for his age-league factor and his high strikeout rate.