Dustin Pedroia as an Arizona State Sun Devil
Review of Boston Red Sox Top 20 List
- Hanley Ramirez, SS: Good start for Double-A Portland, .302/.358/.468. Doing fine.
- Jon Papelbon, RHP: Good start for Double-A Portland, 2.02 ERA, 3-1 record, 35/8 K/BB in 36 innings. Doing fine.
- Brandon Moss, OF: Poor start for Portland, .204/.280/.311. Overmatched right now, has fanned 37 times in 28 games.
- Anibal Sanchez, RHP: 2.19 ERA, with superb 55/6 K/BB in 37 innings for Class A Wilmington. Pitching wonderfully.
- Jon Lester, LHP: 1-1, 3.76 at Portland, 37/11 K/BB in 38 innings. Doing fine.
- Dustin Pedroia, 2B: .347/.434/.521 at Portland, playing brilliantly.
- Christian Lara, SS: Hitting .224/.333/.286 in 30 games for Class A Greenville. Not hitting with much authority, but he's managed to draw 15 walks in 115 plate appearances, a decent ratio.
- Luis Soto, SS: Extended spring training.
- Kelly Shoppach, C: .274/.389/.566 at Triple-A Pawtucket, showing power and good plate discipline.
- Abe Alvarez, LHP: 2-2, 3.82 at Pawtucket, 24/7 K/BB in 38 innings. Doing decently, handling himself well in Triple-A.
- Ian Bladergroen, 1B: Hitting .218/.343/.287 at Wilmington. Has drawn 14 walks, but struck out 28 times in 26 games. Disappointing.
- Andrew Dobies, LHP: 2.41 ERA, 40/7 K/BB in 41 innings for Greenville. Throwing strikes, pitching well at a low level.
- Manny Delcarmen, RHP: struggling at Portland, 5.54 ERA. Has fanned 16 in 13 innings, but command is an issue.
- Jeremy West, 1B: .320/.387/.484 at Portland, doing very well.
- Mickey Hall, OF: Hitting .242/.345/.435 in 36 games for Wilmington. Not wonderful but OK considering difficult park context. 48 strikeouts in 36 games is a red flag.
- Cla Meredith, RHP: Reached the Majors unexpectedly quickly.
- Tommy Hottovy, LHP: Poor 7.90 ERA in 7 games for Wilmington. However, his 31/10 K/BB in 27 innings is pretty good. Still a disappointment so far.
- David Pauley, RHP: 1-1, 3.68 in 7 starts for Portland, 27/10 K/BB in 37 innings, 41 hits allowed. Doing OK.
- Mike Rozier, LHP: 4.40 ERA in 6 starts for Greenville, 13/14 K/BB in 29 innings shows mediocre command and less-than-anticipated dominance.
- Kyle Bono, RHP: Command problems at Wilmington, 5.79 ERA but 14/12 K/BB in 14 innings.
Stock Dropping: Moss, Bladergroen, Hottovy