"A Podcast To Be Named Later" w/ Chris Mitchell @CJMitch73 & Sports Illustrated writer and Hall of Fame Expert Jay Jaffe aired LIVE Friday, January 8th at 4pm Est and can be heard on your browser by clicking this link:
If you would like to follow the Podcast and receive alerts when it airs live go to--> http://www.blogtalkradio.com/bosconation
Congratulations to Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza for being the two inductees into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame.
With the induction process as controversial as it has ever been I went to Hall of Fame guru and Sports Illustrated writer Jay Jaffe to hash out his thoughts on my issues with the process.
The Performance Enhancing Drug debate is where all the ink is being spilled, but the issues that matter are the changing voter body, the advanced metrics revolution and the purging of older writers from the voter rolls.
Here is a list of the topics we discussed on the Podcast:
- The "Jaffe WAR Scoring System" (JAWS) method of evaluating induction in to the Hall of Fame
- Is the changing voting body more of a factor on the Hall of Fames future than the candidates themselves?
- Are there any more automatics or statistical bright lines that guarantee induction?
- What is the prevailing opinion on the steroid era players?
- With Advanced Metrics being the prevailing thought of current writers, how will this impact the HOF voting?
- What was the impact of the writer purge this year and what will be the impact in the future?
- Will the ballot ever stop being crowded? Writers all seem to want to vote in 12-15 players every year.
- Jay Jaffe's nomination for a new name of the Podcast
THE NEW PODCAST NAME IS?
Every guest that appears on the Podcast is given an opportunity to name it and Jay Jaffe decided that he likes our current name as is. His choice could be seen as a sell out or possibly an act of brown nosing, but I highly doubt anyone would brown nose ME. So, I take him at his word that he likes the name, because lets face it, it is a pretty good name. PTBNL is a baseball term with legs and lends some clever to the masthead. Good job Jay - we like it.
PODCAST NAME --> leave as is
TO FOLLOW THE PODCAST:
To follow our Podcast Network and to be alerted when our Podcasts air live go here:
To be a part of the "A Podcast To be Named Later" facebook group where we discuss baseball and encourage suggestions for show topics go here and join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/740304839435375/
Chris Mitchell is a staff writer for RotoExperts.com, a Contributing writer for BaseballAmerica.com, SBNation's MinorLeagueBall.com and FantasyDraft.com. He also hosts two Podcasts: "A Podcast To Be Named Later" and "The RotoExperts Fantasy Sports Show" that formerly aired on the Fantasy Sports Television Network (FNTSY). You can find him on Twitter @CJMitch73.