I have set an ambitious agenda to do a Podcast dedicated to every major league team before opening day. The plan is to have as many local writers and bloggers as possible to give us that insider, nuanced look and feel to our analysis.
The format for these podcasts will be to look back at 2015 to see where each organization was at this time last year as well as what kind of season they had in 2015. Next, analyze their offseason signings and trades, or lack thereof, to see how they look heading into 2016 compared to what they were at the end of 2015. Once we have done that then we use that data and analysis to preview and predict 2016.
Topics on the Podcast
* 2015 Review
- Pablo Sandoval & Hanley Ramirez signings
- The Pitching Staff problems
- Joe Kelly & Rick Porcello up and down season
- Xander Bogaerts emergence.
- What to make of their strong finish
* 2015-2016 Offseason Activity
- New GM Dave Dombrowski
- David Price & Chris Young signings
- Craig Kimbrel & Carson Smith Trades
- Remaining needs?
* 2016 Preview & Predictions
- What to expect from Hanley Ramirez & Pablo Sandoval
- Can this rotation contend? How good is the bullpen?
- Expectations for Eduardo Rodriguez, Joe Kelly and Dustin Pedroia
- Possible prospect contributions?
- 2016 Prediction
I ask every guest to suggest a name for the Podcast and this episode was no different.
TO FOLLOW THE PODCAST:
To follow our Podcast Network and to be alerted when our Podcasts air live go here:
Chris Mitchell is a staff writer for RotoExperts.com, a Contributing writer for BaseballAmerica.com, SBNation's MinorLeagueBall.com and FantasyDraft.com. He also hosts two Podcasts: "A Podcast To Be Named Later" and "The RotoExperts Fantasy Sports Show" that formerly aired on the Fantasy Sports Television Network (FNTSY). You can find him on Twitter @CJMitch73.