While the first post of the annual This Week in Transactions feature focused on a pair of big name free agent signings and a record breaking extension, this past week brought the two biggest trades of the off-season so far. You can find every notable transaction made from the week beginnings Tuesday, November 25th running up until December 2nd, right here.
- 11/26 - Baltimore Orioles acquire LHP Scott Barnes from the Cleveland Indians in exchange for cash.
- 11/26 - Kansas City Royals acquire IF Ryan Jackson from the Los Angeles Dodgers in exchange for cash.
- 11/28 - Miami Marlins acquire RHP Aaron Crow from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for LHP Brian Flynn and RHP Reid Redman.
- 11/28 - Toronto Blue Jays acquire 3B Josh Donaldson from the Oakland Athletics in exchange for 3B Brett Lawrie, LHP Sean Nolin, RHP Kendall Graveman, and SS Franklin Barreto.
- 12/1 - Pittsburgh Pirates acquire IF Sean Rodriguez from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for a PTBNL or cash.
- 12/2 - Los Angeles Dodgers acquire OF Chris Heisey from the Cincinnati Reds in exchange for RHP Matt Magill.
MLB Free Agent Signings
- 11/26 - IF Rey Navarro signs with the Baltimore Orioles. One year, undisclosed amount.
- 11/26 - RHP Ernesto Frieri signs with the Tampa Bay Rays. One year, $800K base salary with $2,350,000 worth of performance incentives.
- 11/26 - OF Yasmani Tomas signs with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Six years, $68.5 Million contract with an opt-out clause after 2018.
- 11/28 - RHP Jason Frasor re-signs with the Kansas City Royals. One year, $1.25M base salary with $500K worth of performance incentives and 2016 mutual option valued at $2M with a $550K buy out and $500K in performance incentives. Max Contract Value - 2 yrs/$4.25M.
- 12/1 - OF Nelson Cruz signs with the Seattle Mariners. Four years, $58M contract with $1M signing bonus.
- 12/2 - RHP Matt Belisle signs with the St. Louis Cardinals. One year, $3.5M contract with $500K worth of bonuses.
- 12/2 - OF Torii Hunter signs with the Minnesota Twins. One year, $10.5M.
- 11/25 - Seattle Mariners extend 3B Kyle Seager to a seven year, $100 Million guaranteed contract with a $3.5M signing bonus and option for 2022 that becomes a player option is traded. Year by year breakdown - 2015 - $4M, 2016 - $7.5M, 2017 - $10.5M, 2018 - $18.5M, 2019 and 2020 - $19M, 2021 - $18M, 2022 (option) - depending on peformance, from $15M to $20M with a buy out from $0 to $3M. Max Contract Value - 8 yrs/$120M
DFA's (Designated for Assignment)
- 11/25 - Boston Red Sox - C Ryan Lavarnway, 3B/1B Juan Francisco
- 11/25 - Chicago White Sox - RHP Scott Carroll
- 11/26 - Tampa Bay Rays - IF Sean Rodriguez
- 11/28 - Oakland Athletics - RHP Josh Lindblom, LF/1B Kyle Blanks
- 12/1 - Pittsburgh Pirates - 1B Gaby Sanchez
Outrighted off 40-Man Roster
- 11/25 - Minnesota Twins - RHP Anthony Swarzak
- 11/25 - Milwaukee Brewers - RHP Ariel Pena
- 11/25 - Los Angeles Angels - C Jackson Williams, OF Alfredo Marte
- 11/25 - San Diego Padres - OF Yeison Asencio
- 11/25 - Detroit Tigers - OF Ezequiel Carrera
- 11/26 - Atlanta Braves - IF Ramiro Pena
- 11/26 - Chicago White Sox - RHP Ronald Belisario
- 11/26 - Tampa Bay Rays - RHP Michael Kohn
- 12/1 - Los Angeles Dodgers - LHP Jarrett Martin
- 12/2 - Atlanta Braves - RHP Kris Medlen, RHP Brandon Beachy, RHP Gus Schlosser
- 12/2 - Los Angeles Angels - IF Gordon Beckham, LHP Wade LeBlanc, RHP Yoslan Herrera
- 12/2 - San Diego Padres - SS Everth Cabrera
- 12/2 - Texas Rangers - RHP Alexi Ogando, LHP Michael Kirkman, UT Adam Rosales
- 12/2 - Colorado Rockies - LHP Kraig Sitton
- 12/2 - Pittsburgh Pirates - 1B Gaby Sanchez, RHP Chaz Roe
- 12/2 - St. Louis Cardinals - IF Daniel Descalso
- 12/2 - Chicago Cubs - LHP Wesley Wright, C John Baker
- 12/2 - Cincinnati Reds - RHP Logan Ondrusek, RHP Curtis Partch
- 12/2 - New York Mets - OF Eric Young Jr
- 12/2 - New York Yankees - OF Slade Heathcott, RHP Jose Campos, LHP David Huff
- 12/2 - Seattle Mariners - 3B Carlos Rivero
- 12/2 - Kansas City Royals - LHP Francisley Bueno
- 12/2 - Oakland Athletics - LF/1B Kyle Blanks, OF Andrew Brown
- 12/2 - Chicago White Sox - RHP Scott Carroll, LHP Scott Snodgress
- 12/2 - Boston Red Sox - 3B/1B Juan Francisco
- 12/2 - Toronto Blue Jays - 1B Justin Smoak, OF John Mayberry Jr, OF Andy Dirks
- 12/2 - Oakland Athletics - 1B Ike Davis - One year, $3.8M.
- 12/2 - Oakland Athletics - RHP Fernando Rodriguez - One year, $635K.
- 12/2 - New York Yankees - RHP Esmil Rogers - One year, $750K guaranteed, $1.48M if on Opening Day 25-man roster.
- 12/2 - Milwaukee Brewers - RHP Brandon Kintzler - One year, $1.075M.
- 12/2 - Los Angeles Dodgers - 2B Darwin Barney - One year, $2.525M.
MiLB Free Agent Signings
- 11/25 - Texas Rangers - RHP Ross Wolf
- 11/25 - Philadelphia Phillies - IF Chris Nelson, 3B Cord Phelps, C Rene Garcia
- 11/25 - Milwaukee Brewers - LHP Nick Additon
- 11/25 - Arizona Diamondbacks - RHP Blake Beavan
- 11/26 - Oakland Athletics - 3B Niuman Romero
- 11/28 - Chicago White Sox - OF Tony Campana
- 12/1 - Pittsburgh Pirates - CF Gorkys Hernandez, 3B Deibinson Romero
- 12/1 - Tampa Bay Rays - OF Corey Brown
- 12/1 - Milwaukee Brewers - LHP Brent Leach
- 11/25 - OF Jim Aducci signs with the Lotte Giants (KBO) for $650,000.
- 11/25 - RHP Lucas Harrell signs with the LG Twins (KBO) for $900,000.