Good afternoon prospect watchers. I finished up the trip report with a look at the non-Appel/Correa portions of the Quad Cities and Burlington rosters. Reymond Fuentes of the San Diego Padres will be Prospect of the Day tomorrow.
***Yesterday's Minor League Ball Gameday thread.
***I'm not a Mets fan, but the news about Matt Harvey and his bad elbow made me sad as just a general baseball fan. It is good for the game to have players of his caliber, and it is bad for the game when they get hurt. It is just a pleasure to watch him pitch. Normally I don't get upset about injuries. . .they happen. . .but for some reason this one bothers me more than most.
Have you ever had a player injury that bothered you for some reason even if it wasn't a guy playing for your favorite team?
***As you have probably heard, Jim Callis is leaving Baseball America and will begin working for MLB.com in September. Jim edited my Minor League Scouting Notebook back in the old days at STATS. He's extremely well-informed, really good at his job, and a genuinely nice guy. I wish him the best of luck with the new gig.
***Today's schedule of minor league games.
More from Minor League Ball:
- Observations of the Burlington Bees
- Observations: Quad Cities River Bandits
- Minor League Ball Gameday, August 26
- Observations of Carlos Correa
- Observations of Mark Appel
- Is scorekeeping a dying art?
- Minor League Ball Gameday, August 25
- Minor League Ball Gameday, August 24
- Community Discussion: Who is your secret Top 100 candidate?
- Minor League Ball Gameday, August 23