I am now working on the Boston Red Sox Top 20 Prospects list for 2014. The next team on the agenda is the Chicago Cubs, to be followed by the Los Angeles Angels, New York Mets, Toronto Blue Jays, and Cincinnati Reds.
Use this thread to discuss the Chicago Cubs system. Here are some potential points of discussion:
***Obviously the major league team was disappointing in 2013, but how do you feel about the rebuilding project in general? Would you make significant changes or is this steady-as-she-goes?
***The future offensive core looks exciting with Javier Baez, Jorge Soler, Kris Bryant, and Alberto Almora all projecting as regulars and possible All-Stars. Pitching hasn't been a strong, but they've made efforts to address this via trade and draft. Are those efforts enough?
***Any hope for Starlin Castro?
***What do you think of their aggressiveness on the international front?
***As always, feel free to discuss any sleeper prospects that you like.
More from our team sites
- Boston Red Sox Preliminary Prospect List
- Chicago Cubs Organization Discussion
- San Francisco Giants Top 20 Prospects for 2014
- San Francisco Giants farm system preliminary grade breakdown
- Minor League Ball Discussion: Best of 2013
- Minor League Ball Daily Discussion, Christmas Eve 2013
- This Week in Transactions: December 16 - December 22
- The Future of Jurickson Profar
- Meet the Minor League Ball staff: Nick Melotte
- Getting to know the Minor League Ball staff: Matt Garrioch