I haven't wanted to count my chickens before they hatch, but things are definitely looking up on the concussion front.
I am in much better shape than I was a week ago. I have been almost completely pain-free for four days. Most importantly, all memory, cognitive, and analytical functions are back on line. The only remaining symptoms are a tendency to tire more easily than normal, and a mild pressure-like feeling in my head during the evening.
Words cannot really express how glad I am that this experience is passing.
So, what now?
I have a LOT of catching up to do. I am told by the doctor that I should continue taking things easy until the symptoms are completely gone for a week, so I'll hold off on the 12-hour work days until after Thanksgiving. But I can do a normal work day now, which is a giant improvement.
The next large project on the agenda is the Atlanta Braves Top 20 Prospect List for 2014, which I hope to complete before Thanksgiving. Assuming no further setbacks, I'll wind up the Concussion Chronicle with one final summary article by next weekend.
Once I get a better idea at what kind of work pace I can sustain, I'll give you an updated ETA on the Baseball Prospect Book.
I want to thank everyone for all the encouragement and support during this ordeal, particularly my colleagues at SB Nation/Vox Media, and most especially my wife and my family.
More from Minor League Ball:
- Atlanta Braves preliminary prospect list for 2014 (revised)
- Prospect Retrospective: Jason Vargas. Can he become Jamie Moyer? Or is he Mark Redman?
- Jason Vargas: a major award?
- Angels trade Peter Bourjos, Randal Grichuk to Cardinals for David Freese, Fernando Salas
- Prospect Retrospective: Tim Hudson, RHP, Giants
- 2014 MLB Draft Profile: Alex Verdugo, RF/LHP, Tucson, AZ High School
- A Mickey Mantle autograph tale
- The Jurickson Profar/Nick Castellanos trade
- Minnesota Twins prospect Eddie Rosario suspended for 50 games
- Concussion Chronicle: The band is playing different tunes
- 2014 MLB Draft Profile: Alex Jackson, C/RF, Escondido, CA High School
- Minor League Ball Daily Discussion: Replacing ERA?
- Concussion Chronicle: Summary of the Symptoms
- John Sickels' Concussion Chronicle
- 1949 Pacific Coast League MVP: Irv Noren