Good afternoon prospect watchers. The 2013 MLB playoffs continue today, of course, and the 2013 Arizona Fall League also gets underway.
PLAYOFF PREDICTION UPDATE:
Yesterday I predicted that the Athletics would beat the Tigers 5-4, that the Red Sox would beat the Rays 4-2, that the Cardinals would beat the Pirates 6-4, and that the Dodgers would defeat the Braves 7-2. The actual results: Oakland 6, Detroit 3; Rays 5, Red Sox 4; Cardinals 2, Pirates 1; Dodgers 4, Braves 3.
That brings my prediction record for post-season games to 12-5. Not bad!
We have ALDS action today. I predict that the Red Sox will beat the Rays 5-0 behind seven shutout innings from Jake Peavy and some good bullpen work, and that the Athletics will beat the Tigers 7-5. What say you?
ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE
The 2013 Arizona Fall League opens today. You can find the scoreboard here. Key starters to watch today include Pirates prospect Jameson Taillon taking the mound for the Scottsdale Scorpions, and Minnesota Twins prospect Alex Meyer getting the call for the Glendale Desert Dogs.
More from Minor League Ball:
- Review of Pre-Season Top 50 Pitching Prospects for 2013
- Review of Pre-Season Top 50 Hitting Prospects
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 7
- 1946 Pacific Coast League MVP: Les Scarsella
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 6
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Glendale Desert Dogs
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 5
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Mesa Solar Sox
- Does the MiLB team you follow have a slogan?
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 4: ALDS Day One
- Rookies on the Playoff Teams: Oakland Athletics
- Rookies on the Playoff Teams: Detroit Tigers