Good evening prospect watchers. The Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals open the National League Championship Series tonight in St. Louis, with an intriguing match-up between Zack Greinke and Joe Kelly. I am rooting for the Cardinals in this series, but my gut says the Dodgers win Game One, I'll say by a 5-2 score.
What say you about tonight's game? I'll predict that Greinke goes 6.2 innings and gives up two runs. The Dodgers score four in four innings off of Joe Kelly before the Cardinals bullpen slams the door, but it is enough to carry the Angelinos to victory. The offensive highlights will include a home run from Adrian Gonzalez and a triple from Yasiel Puig. Both Cardinal runs will be driven in by a Matt Adams double.
Yesterday I predicted that the Tigers would be the Athletics 4-2. The Tigers did win, 3-0, which brings my post-season prediction record to 14-7.
More from Minor League Ball:
- Brian Dozier: Breakthrough?
- 1947 PCL MVP: Tony Lupien
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 10: ALDS Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 10: Arizona Fall League
- Atlanta Braves Organization Discussion
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Surprise Saguaros
- Blue Jays prospect L.B. Dantzler: more than just a senior sign?
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 9: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 9: NLDS Edition
- Minnesota Twins Preliminary Prospect List for 2014
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 8 - AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 8: MLB Playoff Edition