Good afternoon baseball fans. Tonight is Game Five of the American League Division Series, with Justin Verlander and the Detroit Tigers taking on rookie Sonny Gray and the Oakland Athletics.
Yesterday I emotionally predicted that the Pirates would beat the Cardinals 3-2, but the real-life result was a 6-1 St. Louis win, dropping my post-season prediction record to 13-7. We face another veteran vs. rookie dilemma today, although in this case the rookie has home field advantage at least.
Ultimately I think I have to go with Verlander here. Gray will pitch well, but not quite well enough. Detroit will win this 4-2. What say you?
More from Minor League Ball:
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Surprise Saguaros
- Blue Jays prospect L.B. Dantzler: more than just a senior sign?
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 9: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 9: NLDS Edition
- Minnesota Twins Preliminary Prospect List for 2014
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 8 - AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 8: MLB Playoff Edition
- Minnesota Twins Organization Discussion
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Peoria Javelinas
- Review of Pre-Season Top 50 Pitching Prospects for 2013
- Review of Pre-Season Top 50 Hitting Prospects
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 7