Arizona Diamondbacks Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Jarrod Parker, RHP, Grade B+
- Max Scherzer, RHP, Grade B+
- Gerardo Parra, OF, Grade B
- Billy Buckner, RHP, Grade B
- Wes Roemer, RHP, Grade B
- Brooks Brown, RHP, Grade B-
- Esmerling Vasquez, RHP, Grade B-
- Barry Enright, RHP, Grade B-
- Juan Gutierrez, RHP, Grade C+
- Emilio Bonifacio, INF, Grade C+
- Hector Ambriz, RHP, Grade C+
- Matt Torra, RHP, Grade C+ (look at his first half/second half splits)
- Cyle Hankerd, OF, Grade C+
- Ed Easley, C, Grade C+
- Dan Stange, RHP, Grade C+
- Jailen Peguero, RHP, Grade C
- Matt Green, RHP, Grade C
- Reynaldo Navarro, SS, Grade C (great tools but too raw to rank higher for me)
- Leo Rosales, RHP, Grade C (personal favorite, relief sleeper for '08)
- Sean Morgan, RHP, Grade C
The top of this system was lopped off by trades, but they have the ability to recharge quickly and some of these Grade C+ guys could end up being quite good.
Again, don't get all pissy about exact placement on this list. The grades are more important than someone being ranked 15th instead of 13th.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February!