My Ranking of the Top Pitching Prospects for the Draft
Keep in mind that this reflects my personal opinion based on my own neural processing of available information, scouting reports, video, historical comparisons, and (in some cases with the college guys) personal observation. Your own mileage may vary a great deal. Talent and projection are the considerations here, not signability.
A longer and more detailed list will be sent to newsletter subscribers tomorrow.
- David Price, LHP, Vanderbilt.
- Rick Porcello, RHP, Seton Hall Prep HS, West Orange, NJ
- Jarrod Parker, RHP, Norwell HS, Norwell, Indiana
- Ross Detwiler, LHP, Missouri State University
- Madison Bumgarner, LHP, South Caldwell HS, Hudson, NC
- Josh Smoker, LHP, Calhoun HS, Calhoun, GA
- Nevin Griffith, RHP, Middleton HS, Tampa, FL
- Dan Moskos, LHP, Clemson
- Matt Harvey, RHP, Fitch HS, Groton, CT
- Blake Beavan, RHP, Irving HS, Irving, TX
- Phillippe Aumont, RHP, Ecole du Versant, Gatineau, Quebec
- Casey Weathers, RHP, Vanderbilt