New York Yankees Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Joba Chamberlain, RHP, Grade A
- Jose Tabata, OF, Grade B+
- Ian Kennedy, RHP, Grade B+
- Alan Horne, RHP, Grade B
- Austin Jackson, OF, Grade B-
- Bradley Suttle, 3B, Grade B-
- Dellin Betances, RHP, Grade B-
- Austin Romine, C, Grade B- (hate grading guys who haven't played yet, could be C+)
- Jesus Montero, C, Grade C+ (borderline B-)
- Dan McCutchen, RHP, Grade C+
- Brett Gardner, OF, Grade C+
- Damon Sublett, 2B, Grade C+ (love this guy)
- Andrew Brackman, RHP, Grade C+ (could slot anywhere from 9 to 20 depending on what you want to emphasize)
- Jeffrey Marquez, RHP, Grade C+
- George Kontos, RHP, Grade C+
- Kevin Whelan, RHP, Grade C+ (check those K/IP and H/IP, but command?)
- Frank Cervelli, C, Grade C+ (great glove, bat?)
- David Robertson, RHP, Grade C+ (stunning numbers)
- Jairo Heredia, RHP, Grade C+
- Zach McAllister, RHP, Grade C+
As usual, the C+ guys are pretty much interchangeable and can be moved up or down depending on what you are looking for. Remember to check the post below this one if you want to know more about what the grades mean.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February!