Washington Nationals Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Chris Marrero, 1B-OF, Grade B+
- Ross Detwiler, LHP, Grade B+
- Michael Burgess, OF, Grade B+
- Justin Maxwell, OF, Grade B
- Jordan Zimmerman, RHP, Grade B
- Collin Balester, RHP, Grade B-
- Josh Smoker, LHP, Grade B- (for some reason I really love this guy)
- Adam Carr, RHP, Grade B-
- John Lannan, LHP, Grade B- (too high?)
- Glenn Gibson, LHP, Grade C+ (borderline B-)
- Colton Willems, RHP, Grade C+
- Ian Desmond, SS, Grade C+
- Jack McGeary, LHP, Grade C+
- Jake Smolinski, OF, Grade C+
- Jon Albaladejo, RHP, Grade C+
- Adrian Alaniz, RHP, Grade C+
- Shairon Martis, RHP, Grade C+
- Jhonny Nunez, RHP, Grade C+
- Kory Casto, OF-3B, Grade C+
- Josh Whitesell, 1B, Grade C
There is a lot of Potential pitching depth in this system, and many of those Grade C+ guys have the ability to end up as Grade B/B+ prospects a year from now, once we see them at higher levels and have more data to work with. Overall the Nats have done a good job adding more depth to the system.
And as always, Buy My Book!. Thanks!