Position, Player , Grade , Level Reached:
1. CF Byron Buxton. Grade : A ..A+ , 19 yrs -What more can you say? The Next Trout or Puig? how about the 3rd Upton Brother? The Name: Hybrid Uxton.
2. 3B Miguel Sano. Grade : A- ..AA , 20 yrs - Best power bat in Minors to maybe Baez and Gallo, but best all-around approach of the 3. Would like to see him take a few more walks next year, for ME strikouts are almost a non issue.
3. SP Alex Meyer. Grade : B+ ..AA -so big and tall that i think, while hard to repeat consistant release point, the injury thing is overblown.
4. SP Kohl Stewart. Grade : B+ ..Rk Ball - very happy with how he did in a few innings, no need to rush this fresh arm.
5. 2B Eddie Rosario. Grade : B ..AA - punted power for more contact this year, did K less , but BB rate and SB rate big issue.
6. SP J.O. Berrios. Grade : B; Borderline : B- ..A - Tired arm at the end of year but still a lot of hits given up, seems a little overrated to me.
7. C/DH Josmil Pinto. Grade : B ..AAA - If he can catch full time, the combo of him and Herrmann should push Mauer off catcher.
8. OF/1B Max Kepler. Grade : B- ..A - Big graceful swing, needs to improve contact and get stronger.
9. OF A.B. Walker. Grade : B- ..A - I don't care what he does next year as long as he can improve the BB rate!
10. SP Trevor May. Grade : B- ..AA - Looks like he could be destined for the bullpen, as wild approach may suite better there in fewer innings.
11. 3B Travis Harrison. Grade : B- ..A - Not sure if he'll stick at 3B, but if he doesn't he's down the rankings, not good feet.
12. SP Felix Jorge. Grade : B- ..Rk Ball - Pretty amazing Appy Lg. Debut, get to see him in full season ball next year!
13. 2B Jorge Polanco. Grade : B- ..A -Probably has what it takes to play SS, but in a system without much of either middle Infield spot, maybe needed at 2B. Great Glove, Great contact, Little power.
14. 1B Kennys Vargas. Grade : B- ..A+ -Alex Meyer: 6'9" 220 lbs soaking wett, Vargas: 6'6" 235 lbs. Probably 2nd most powerful bat in system to Sano. (they even look alike) Big and Slow Vargas needs to continue to hit at atleast this pace for another year to have a real impact.
15. SP Ryan Eades. Grade : C+; Borderline : B- (he was supposed to a B-, B type but fell due to poor performance in rookie ball) ..Rk Ball - Go from hoping for a quick case study with a #3 starter cieling or weak #2, to probably a 3-4 year developmental plan with a #4 starter outcome being more likely.
16. SP Stephen Gonsalves. Grade : C+..Rk Ball - Great rookie ball performance But the Midwest Lg. should be much more a challenge then GCL and Elizabethon. Lefty with good stuff, can he be consistant with it? Has a much higer ceiling than Eades, Melotakis and maybe even May; but also a lower floor.
17. SP Mason Melotakis. Grade : C+..A+ -Not sure how he was a reliever in college? Looks every bit the part of a starter with makeup-mound presence-composure-command (most of the time) But is his low 90's Fastball with only 2 other good offering enough? I see at least a #4 type of starter possible a mid-rotation guy. Breaking ball should sharpen up, throws it downhill good 12-5 angle.
18. SS Daniel Santana. Grade : C+..AA -Probably the Twins future SS, is he another fill in the gap player for a season or two untill he's earned his way out of the Bigs? or is He the real deal? Should be better than Pedro Florimon & Eduardo Escobar. But defense lacks compared to those 2.
19. RP Zack Jones. Grade : C+ (although B- strictly as a reliever)..A+ -Dominate #'s , just needs to lower walks some...reminds me of Anthony Slama's epic minor league #s, but unlike Slama, he isn't older for his league and throws harder than 92 (tops out at 97-98)
20. SS Aderlin Mejia. Grade : C+..A+ (skipped single a entirely) - Got off to amazing start this year, was literally on Fire for a while flirting with a .350-.400 batting average....Impressive contact skills with improving eye, but needs to develop some more pop, or could be another utility infielder. Deceptively fast... but Revere like power. Not as good a hitter as Revere or nearly the base stealer.
--- 21. Niko Goodrum , 2B / COF , A (semi-dissapointing yr. , mixed defensive reports)
22. Amaurys Minier , SS , Rk Ball (very very young, and un-polished, flashed some power)
23. D.J. Baxendale , SP , AA (for his age and a college arm, he's been a fast riser)
24. Miguel Sulbaran , SP , A (acquired from Dodgers for D. Butera)
25. Jason Wheeler , SP , A+ (a lefty without great stuff but can rack up K's)
26. Tyler Duffy , SP , A+ (2012 4th round pick)
27. Michael Tonkin Tonkin. , RP , AAA (Easily the best reliever prospect for 2014 Twins)
28. Luke Bard , SP , Rk Ball (injury recovery)
29. Stuart Turner , C , Rk Ball (2013 3rd round pick)
30. Hudson Boyd , SP , Rk Ball (2011 supplemental 1st rounder)
Honorable Mentions: P Alex Wimmers, SS Levi Michael (two former 1st round picks) , P Austin Malinowski, OF Nathan Roberts, SS James Beresford, P Tyler Jones, P BJ Hermsen, P's Lewis Thorpe & Sam Gibbons the Aussie duo, P J.T. Chargois -could be best reliever in system.And finally: 2013 Graduates :
1. Oswaldo Arcia, OF , B or B+
2. Kyle Gibson , SP , B
3. Aaron Hicks , CF , B
4. Andrew Albers , SP , C or C+
5. Caleb Theilbar , RP , C+
6. Chris Herrmann , C , C+
7. Ryan Pressly , RP , C or C+