1. Houston Astros - Kohl Stewart, RHP, St. Pius X HS (Texas) Starting to hear a lot of rumors fly about this pick and some scouts say Stewarts stuff is as good as Appel and Gray. Houston is able to agree on a deal pre-draft around 5 million with the other home town kid and can now look for better talent in the next couple of rounds.
2. Chicago Cubs - Mark Appel, RHP, Stanford The Cubs really want Appel and promise him above slot to keep him from agreeing to a pre-draft deal with the Astro’s. To do this the Cubs may have to draft 9 more college seniors. Oh well if they get their man.
3. Colorado Rockies - Kris Bryant, 3B, San Diego Just can’t see the Rocks passing up a hitter like this. It would be to much fun to watch Bryant in Coors.
4. Minnesota Twins - Jonathan Gray, RHP, Oklahoma Gray has a down May and early June and slips a little. The Twin would be very happy if Gray fell to them.
5. Clevelands Indians – Braden Shipley, RHP, Nevada Just missing out on Gray the Indians get the next best thing in Shipley. The Indians spent a lot of money on offensive free agents last year and now start to address a starting pitching.
6. Miami Marlins - Sean Manaea, LHP, Indiana State Marlins pass on the HS outfielders here and add a Big Lefty to the rotation.
7. Boston Red Sox - Clint Frazier, OF, Loganville HS (Ga.) Boston gets another high energy guy that will make the club house a lot of fun for years to come.
8. Kansas City Royals - Trey Ball, LHP/OF, New Castle HS (Ind.) This guy is right up KC alley: Raw with a big Craftsman Tool Box full of tools.
9. Pittsburgh Pirates - Colin Moran, 3B, North Carolina Pirates and Moran have been linked a lot and it just might happen.
10. Toronto Blue Jays - Ryne Stanek, RHP, Arkansas Toronto’s minor league is stack with pitching, but as the old saying goes "When you think you have enough pitching, You better go get some more". So Toronto ends Stanek wait right here.
12. Seattle Mariners - D.J. Peterson, 3B/1B, New Mexico The M’s still trying to get this offence thing figured out and with Peterson they are one step closer.
13. San Diego Padres - Dominic Smith, 1B, Serra HS (Calif.) Another team with a big ball park and the need of a big slugger. The Padres have a little longer to wait and will let Smith grow into the position.
14. Pittsburgh Pirates – Reese McGuire, C, Kentwood HS (Wash.) More depth at catcher could be the theme of this draft on day one and two, the Pirates get a head start.
15. Arizona Diamondbacks - Aaron Judge, OF, Fresno State Big Man lands in Zona and his bat should play well there.
16. Philadelphia Phillies - Hunter Renfroe, OF, Mississippi State Renfroe may go earlier that this but Phillie would love him as a corner OF.
17. Chicago White Sox - Eric Jagielo, 3B, Notre Dame Pale Hose stay close to home and reach for a college bat. This is a long reach but it is the White Sox and they always find away to mess it up.
18. Los Angeles Dodgers - Ian Clarkin, LHP, James Madison HS (Calif.) The Dodgers love HS LHP, and this one is right here for the taking.
19. St. Louis Cardinals - Chris Anderson, RHP, Jacksonville Wacha last year and Anderson this year. Hard to question that logic.
20. Detroit Tigers – Hunter Harvey, RHP, Bandys HS (N.C.) RHP is the Tiger M.O. and Harvey is a great addition to the thin Tiger farm. He also doesn’t have a college commitment so he may come in a little under the slot at this pick
21. Tampa Bay Rays - Jon Denney, C, Yukon HS Denney looks to need time and he will be able to get that in Tampa.
22. Baltimore Orioles – Phil Bickford, RHP, Oaks Christian HS (Calif.) Bickford could ease the pain of Bundy’s T. J. surgery.
23. Texas Rangers - Rob Kaminsky, LHP, St. Joseph HS (NJ) Kaminsky has a big fastball will it get bigger in Texas.
24. Oakland Athletics - Austin Wilson, OF, Stanford Scary potential and the Money Ball system could make sweet music.
25. San Francisco Giants - Jonathon Crawford, RHP, Florida Another nice arm for the Giants to pick up in this spot.
26. New York Yankees - J.P. Crawford, SS, Lakewood HS (CA) Best shortstop in the class. I didn’t intend for him to slip this far. And I don’t expect him to be here for the Yankees.
27. Cincinnati Reds - Hunter Green, LHP, Warren East HS (KY) The Reds get big armed HS lefty with a nice change-up
28. St. Louis Carndials - Nick Ciuffo, C, Lexington HS (SC) Have heard that the Card love his leadership. The farm needs catching depth and this would be a great start.
29. Tampa Bay Rays - Matthew Krook, LHP, St. Ignatius Prep (CA) The Rays get a good lefty to get started through the system.
30. Texas Rangers - Alex Gonzalez, RHP, Oral Roberts Will add depth in the thinnest place in the Texas system.
31. Atlanta Braves - Dustin Peterson, SS, Gilbert HS (AZ) Kind of reminds me of the second coming of Dan Uggla when I read scouting reports.
32. New York Yankees - Andrew Thurman, RHP, UC Irvine Nice arm that could help the Yank’s before long.
33. New York Yankees - Ryan McMahon, 3B, Mater Dei HS (CA) The kind of player that the Yankees like to reach for and could develop into a real steal or a huge bust. y -->