Possible 2013 #1 pick Ryane Stanek of the University of Arkansas - Bruce Thorson-US PRESSWIRE
- #1 UNC probably stays on top after sweeping the weekend, improving to 6-0.
- Florida was 3-2 on the season until Florida Gulf Coast got a hold of them.
- Cal-State Fullerton is 8-0 to start the season after sweeping TCU, are they the best in the West?
- D-II leader Mount Olive was riding a 12-game win streak, but lost Sunday.
Around the Nation
- Two teams find a way to get in a workout amidst a snow-out. (Video)
- Easton blogger Eric Sorensen is very impressed with University of San Diego's ballpark.
- Baseball America's weekly college podcasts are back.
- Tony Gwynn has been at SDSU for 10 years. Really. (espn)
- Ryne Stanek is generally regarded as one of the top college arms in the 2013 draft. He threw three innings on Friday, striking out 4 and giving up 2 runs in the Razorbacks win against Evansville.
- Rice Junior Austin Kubitza is off to a hot start with a 25/9 K/BB in 13 innings after striking out 13 in 7 innings in the Owls' win at Hawaii.
- USD Torero Kris Bryant, tabbed by many as the best college bat in 2013, scored 5 runs on Saturday and finished the weekend with a .261/.485/.478 slash line.
- Colin Moran was plated 5 times over the weekend to help the UNC Tar Heels stay undefeated.
- Indiana State Sycamores' Sean Manaea, Matt Garrioch, John Sickels, and Jonathan Mayo's #1 LHP, struck out 10 COC Cougars in 6 innings. He has followed up his stunning Cape Cod performance by beginning 2013 with 16 Ks in 10 IP, and an ERA of 0.90.