In a very close runoff Chris Archer edges Nolan Arenado 10 votes to 7 after Archer and Arenado tied with 21 points in round 17 voting.
Voting totals for others last round were 14 for Martin Perez
, 11 for Brad Miller, 9 for Oswaldo Arcia
, 5 for Hyun-Jin Ryu
, 4 for Jose Iglesias
, 3 for Nick Franklin
and 1 for Avisail Garcia
. No votes for Jared Cosart.
Our current list:
1. Jose Fernandez, Marlins, Pitcher
2. Yasiel Puig, Dodgers, Outfielder
3 Wil Myers, Rays, Outfielder
4. Gerrit Cole, Pirates, Pitcher
5. Jurickson Profar, Rangers, Infielder
6. Shelby Miller, Cardinals, Pitcher
7. Michael Wacha, Cardinals, Pitcher
8. Julio Teheran, Braves, Pitcher
9. Zack Wheeler, Mets, Pitcher
10. Christian Yelich, Marlins, Outfielder
11. Anthony Rendon, Nationals, Infielder
12. Danny Salazar, Indians, Pitcher
13. Sonny Gray, A's, Pitcher
14. Tony Cingrani, Reds, Pitcher
15A. Mike Zunino, Mariners, Catcher
15B. Trevor Rosenthal, Cardinals, Pitcher
17. Chris Archer, Rays, Pitcher
Temporarily Dropped- Khris Davis 0 votes (round 14), Juan Lagares 0 votes (round 14), Tyler Skaggs 0 votes (round 15), Avisail Garcia 1 vote (round 17)
permanently dropped- Jared Cosart 0 votes (round 17)
We are returing Leonys Martin and Dan Straily to the ballot this round. We are also giving Matt Adams a first time on the ballot. Next round adds will include Alex Wood and Juan Lagares.
That leaves Jedd Gyorko and AJ Pollock to get on in round 19, 20 or the hm round. If you think there is someone better than either of those two to add instead, say who and why below.
So who is the #18 prospect for future performance among last year's rookies? If any clarification is needed, we are essentially rating this group of players for their future as if they were still prospects, the same as we did last year when they had their rookie eligibility. As a reminder voting is by +1 for your #1 candidate, and +2 for your #2 candidate.