I am currently working on the Atlanta Braves Top 20 Prospects list for 2014. The next team in line is the Kansas City Royals, to be followed by the San Francisco Giants and the Baltimore Orioles.
Use this thread to discuss the future of the Royals organization. Some points of discussion to consider:
***Dayton Moore's big gamble paid off: the Royals pushed over .500 to 86-66 and were in wild card contention until the last week. James Shields had a strong year and anchored the pitching staff as expected. How do you feel about the big trade now? Wil Myers was excellent in Tampa as you know, and the Royals still have a big hole in the outfield.
***Speaking of that hole, what would you do to improve this team in 2014? Would you be satisfied with something like a David Lough/Justin Maxwell platoon? What about second base?
***Will Mike Moustakas improve significantly?
***Which prospects, if any, do you see filling key roles in 2014?
***Which prospects, if any, are you willing to trade, perhaps addressing the outfield or second base needs.
***As always, feel free to discuss any sleeper prospects you like.
More from Minor League Ball:
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 17: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 16: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 16: MLB Playoff Edition
- Prospect Retrospective: Victor Martinez
- Atlanta Braves preliminary prospect list
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 15: AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday: Oct 15, MLB Playoffs Edition
- Minnesota Twins Top 20 Prospects for 2014
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14, NLCS Game Three Edition
- Minnesota Twins farm system preliminary grade breakdown
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton: comment from 2014 Baseball Prospect Book
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14: Arizona Fall League Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 13, ALCS Game Two
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 13: AFL Edition
- Michael Wacha is Really Good