Good afternoon prospect watchers and baseball fans. The 2013 MLB Playoffs continue tonight with American League Championship Series Game Five between the Red Sox and Tigers. Anibal Sanchez takes the mound for Detroit, Jon Lester for Boston.
Yesterday, I predicted that the Dodgers would stave off elimination and beat the Cardinals 6-0, and that the Tigers would even the series and beat the Red Sox 5-3. The actual results were Dodgers 6, Cardinals 4, and Tigers 7, Red Sox 3. The scores were off but both game winners were right, bringing my post-season record to 18-12.
For tonight, I predict that the Tigers come away with a 6-1 win over the Sox, with Miguel Cabrera and Torii Hunter providing home runs.
What say you?
More from Minor League Ball:
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 17: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 16: Arizona Fall League
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 16: MLB Playoff Edition
- Prospect Retrospective: Victor Martinez
- Atlanta Braves preliminary prospect list
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 15: AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday: Oct 15, MLB Playoffs Edition
- Minnesota Twins Top 20 Prospects for 2014
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14, NLCS Game Three Edition
- Minnesota Twins farm system preliminary grade breakdown
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton: comment from 2014 Baseball Prospect Book
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14: Arizona Fall League Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 13, ALCS Game Two
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 13: AFL Edition
- Michael Wacha is Really Good