Good afternoon prospect watchers and baseball fans. The MLB post-season moves forward today, beginning with an afternoon contest between the Boston Red Sox and Detroit Tigers, followed by the evening match between the St. Louis Cardinals and Los Angeles Dodgers.
Yesterday I predicted that the Cardinals would beat the Dodgers 4-2. Instead, the Californians rebounded with a 3-0 victory. This moves my post-season game prediction record to 15-11. I have been in a slump lately.
For today, I propose that the Tigers will defeat the Red Sox 5-1 behind Justin Verlander and eight shutout innings. The night game will see a rare high-scoring event with the Cardinals coming out ahead of the Dodgers 8-5. Matt Adams will hit a home run.
What say you?
More from Minor League Ball:
- Minnesota Twins Top 20 Prospects for 2014
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14, NLCS Game Three Edition
- Minnesota Twins farm system preliminary grade breakdown
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton: comment from 2014 Baseball Prospect Book
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 14: Arizona Fall League Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 13, ALCS Game Two
- Minor League Ball Gameday, Oct 13: AFL Edition
- Michael Wacha is Really Good
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Scottsdale Scorpions
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 12: AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 12, Playoffs Edition
- Brett Butler returns to the big leagues, as a coach
- Hiring of Darnell Coles brings back memories
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 11, NLCS Day One
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 11: Arizona Fall League Edition