Good afternoon baseball fans. Game Two of the American League Championship Series begins tonight at 815 EDT, with Max Scherzer and the Detroit Tigers taking on Clay Buchholz and the Boston Red Sox.
For this game, I will predict that the Red Sox will win by a 3-2 score in another hard-fought pitcher's duel. Nobody will hit a home run in tonight's contest.
Yesterday I predicted that the Dodgers would defeat the Cardinals 4-1 and that the Red Sox would beat the Tigers 6-3. None of that happened; as you know, instead we had a pair of 1-0 games with the Cardinals and the Tigers coming out on top. This was a bad day for my predictive powers, the two losses bringing my post-season record to 14-10. So for tonight, and for purely selfish reasons, Go Red Sox!
More from Minor League Ball:
- Michael Wacha is Really Good
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Scottsdale Scorpions
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 12: AFL Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 12, Playoffs Edition
- Brett Butler returns to the big leagues, as a coach
- Hiring of Darnell Coles brings back memories
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 11, NLCS Day One
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 11: Arizona Fall League Edition
- Brian Dozier: Breakthrough?
- 1947 PCL MVP: Tony Lupien
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 10: ALDS Edition
- Minor League Ball Gameday, October 10: Arizona Fall League
- Atlanta Braves Organization Discussion
- 2013 Arizona Fall League Preview: Surprise Saguaros
- Blue Jays prospect L.B. Dantzler: more than just a senior sign?