As I said before, I follow this site strictly for my dynasty league purposes (and to keep track of how the Rangers prospects are doing). In our league, we have a draft every October after the season for all players drafted in the Rule 4 Draft as well as any July 2 international signings. We have 10 teams and 5 rounds. There are PLENTY of rankings out there for the Rule 4 draft and a few for the international guys (Gustavo Cabrera anyone?), but those are geared towards REAL baseball, not fantasy, which at times can be very different on the value spectrum. I was wondering if anyone would dare to rank the draftees of the first few rounds 1-50 based on their future fantasy value (i.e. ignore glove and arm, except for positional value (what I mean is, if two RF prospects are seen as equal value, but one has a laser arm and the other has an amazing hit tool, obviously both will be RF, and both have the same future REAL LIFE value, but the player with the better hit tool is more valuable for fantasy))?
I know this could be kind of difficult, but I know I'm not the only dynasty player here and I think that it'd be really interesting to see the difference in values. For example, I think Richie Shaffer would be a great pick because his bat is one of the best in the draft. However, I think Marrero would fall close to out of my top-50 due to large concerns with the bat. Our league really values ultra-high upside over safe picks, and I think that's how most dynasty leagues operate. I'll start things rolling with my personal top-50, but feel free to comment, critique, and share your own, as I am far from the most knowledgeable around here.
1. Carlos Correa, ss, Houston
2. Lucas Giolito, rhp, Washington
3. Max Fried, lhp, San Diego
4. Byron Buxton, cf, Minnesota
5. Albert Almora, cf, Chicago (NL)
6. Kyle Zimmer, rhp, Kansas City
7. Kevin Gausman, rhp, Baltimore
8. Mark Appel, rhp, Pittsburgh
9. Marcus Stroman, rhp, Toronto
10. Richie Shaffer, 3b, Tampa Bay
11. Addison Russell, ss, Oakland
12. Mike Zunino, c, Seattle
13. Matt Smoral, lhp, Toronto
14. Ty Hensley, rhp, New York (AL)
15. Zach Eflin, rhp, San Diego
16. Stryker Trahan, c/of, Arizona
17. Corey Seager, 3b, Los Angeles (NL)
18. Courtney Hawkins, rf, Chicago (AL)
19. David Dahl, of, Colorado
20. Joey Gallo, 3b, Texas
21. Victor Roache, of, Milwaukee
22. Chris Stratton, rhp, San Francisco
23. Michael Wacha, rhp, St. Louis
24. Andrew Heaney, lhp, Miami
25. Lance McCullers Jr., rhp, Houston
26. Lucas Sims, rhp, Atlanta
27. Gavin Cecchini, ss, New York (NL)
28. Tanner Rahier, ss, ???
29. Walter Weickel, rhp, San Diego
30. Hunter Virant, lhp, ???
31. Mitch Brown, rhp, ???
32. Kyle Twomey, lhp, ???
33. J.O. Berrios, rhp, Minnesota
34. Clint Coulter, c, Milwaukee
35. Wyatt Mathisen, c, ???
36. Mitch Nay, 3b/of, Toronto
37. Pierce Johnson, rhp, Chicago (NL)
38. Tyler Gonzales, rhp, Toronto
39. D.J. Davis, cf, Toronto
40. Travis Jankowski, cf, San Diego
41. Lewis Brinson, of, Texas
42. Mich Gueller, rhp, Philadelphia
43. Alec Rash, rhp, ???
44. Shane Watson, rhp, Philadelphia
45. Nick Travieso, rhp, Cincinatti
46. Freddy Avis, rhp, ???
47. Pat Light, rhp, Boston
48. Matt Olson, 1b, Oakland
49. Jesmuel Valentin Diaz, 2b, Los Angeles (NL)
50. Jeff Gelalich, of, Cincinatti