Ok, miketrout, you are my assistant if I cant be here, but it is looking like I should be here to make the picks. I really need some help on who to choose, because I'm pretty lost right now in my desicion. I want Guerrieri, Archie Bradley or one of the top college arms to fall to us, but I doubt it happens at this point. Lindor might be available, but again, I doubt it.
Our top options (if Guerrieri, Bradley, Lindor or any of the top college arms are off the board)
- Jed Bradley/Taylor Jungmann/Matt Barnes/Alex Meyer: These are the 4 top college arms who I think MIGHT be able to drop to us. Id rank them Barnes, Jungmann, Meyer, Bradley.
- Daniel Norris: The top HS lefty with great stuff and could move quicker than the prototypical HS arm.
- Brandon Nimmo: I think this kid is really underrated, he is toolsy, but he definatley looks impressive.
- George Springer: He is a potentially game changing player. He swings and misses a lot, but if he hits bombs and steals bases, it could be worth it.
- Henry Owens: A projectable lefty, should be able to add a few MPH on his FB as he ages.
- Josh Bell: He might be my #1 option if I think he would be signable, but he is a big risk. If the Angels are confident in their ability to sign him, I say go for it.
I would love it if we could get one of the college arms or Josh Bell, but the other guys are no slouches. Im pretty confident we can get one of these guys, and if im missing someone, please comment.