Done by Jonathan Mayo. Short Scouting Reports are included on the website for the #1-#20.
1. Bryce Harper, OF, Nationals
2. Danny Hultzen, LHP, Mariners
3. Mike Trout, OF, Angels
4. Gerrit Cole, RHP, Pirates
5. Christian Bethancourt, C, Braves
6. Mike Olt, 3B, Rangers
7. Wil Myers, OF, Royals
8. Nolan Arenado, 3B, Rockies
9. Michael Choice, OF, A's
10. Jedd Gyorko, 3B, Padres
11. Oscar Taveras, OF, Cardinals
12. Mikie Mahtook, OF, Rays
13. Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Red Sox
14. Nick Franklin, SS, Mariners
15. Anthony Gose, OF, Blue Jays
16. Jed Bradley, LHP, Brewers
17. Gary Brown, OF, Giants
18. Jean Segura, SS, Angels
19. Joe Panik, INF, Giants
20. Sean Gilmartin, LHP, Braves
21. Tim Wheeler, OF, Rockies
22. Robbie Grossman, OF, Pirates
23. Junior Lake, SS, Cubs
24. Scooter Gennett, 2B, Brewers
25. Adam Eaton, OF, Diamondbacks
List is OK I guess, but several curious items:
- Bethancourt ranked VERY high
- Dont think too many lists will have Hultzen above Trout.
- L Martin completely omitted
- Y Grandal completely omitted
- Gennett? He must really like him.
Also, several other guys that arguably could be on, particularly over a guy like Gennett: B Boxberger, Derek Norris, T Thornburg, T McNutt, N Ramirez, S Solis, M Purke, A Hicks, G Green, M Dominguez, J Vitters, T Beckham, C Colon, J Decker. The prospect status for a lot of these guys has slipped, but most of them made a BA League Top 20 and all still are prospects. And a lot of them had very good AFL campaigns, FWIW. Also, some of these guys didnt play much, but he didnt seem to have an AB or IP requirement, because Bradley made the list w only 8.3 IP. The teams played 36-38 games, so figure that a reasonable threshold would be 1 AB or 0.3 IP per game.