Ive become a fantasy/prospect addict the past few months and want to put my out my own list of Top Prospects at each position. Not to confuse anyone, this is not a fanasy ranking. For this list I take into consideration long term potenital, not just immediate impact. Some of these guys could move off their position in the future, but for now i'm still going to rank them. I'll start off with the Top 15 3B Prosepcts. NEXT: 2nd Base
- Mike Moustakas KC (A-): I believe in this guy's power and think he will be a fine big leaguer. He has a chance to be very good for a long time at whatever position he plays at.
- Nolan Arenado COL (B+): Arenado deserves more recognition than he gets. I love his raw power and the fact that he doesnt swing as miss much. Like John said, his doubles will turn into homers as he gets stronger, he also has a very good eye that will eventually translate into walks.
- Nick Castellanos DET (B+): I'm one of Casty's biggest fans and he would rank higher if he had not just been drafted. By this time next year he will likely be the best 3B prospect out there with Moose moving to the MLB. A big breakout candidate this year.
- Miguel Sano MIN (B/B+): I'm taking the upside of Sano over some more safer players like Chisenhall. The only problems I see with Sano are he might not be able to stick at 3rd and he is a free swinger, but he is so young he has a lot of time to fix the problems which I think he will. On upside alone I would rank him #1 or 2.
- Matt Dominguez FLA (B): Dominguez is certain to stick at 3rd because of his glove and he will become a great player is he can hit .260 with about 20 hrs, saying this, I think can exceed those #'s by a lot. A pretty underrated player.
- Lonnie Chisenhall CLE (B): I'm pretty certain Chiz will become a good MLB 3rd baseman. I dont think he will ever be "above average", but I do see some pop in his bat.
- Matt Davidson ARI (B-): Davidson's biggest problem are his strikeouts, if he could cut down on those his prospect status will go way up. I love his power and his chance to have a decent OBP.
- Bobby Borchering ARI (B-): Same problems as Davidson, same upside.
- Kaleb Cowart LAA (B-/C+): Cowart is a wild card. He could become the next big thing or become the next bust. I believe in him enough that he will become a good MLB third baseman but its hard to tell what he will become. His upside got him ranked this high.
- Zack Cox STL (C+): I'm not a big fan of Cox but I couldnt find anyone to put ahead of him. I dont see much upside, mainly because I dont think he has enough power to play 3rd.
11-15; 11: Brent Morel CHW (C+), 12: Alex Liddi SEA (C+), 13: Josh Vitters CHC (C+) , 14: Josh Bell BAL (C+), 15: Mat Gamel MIL (C+)