Someone requested a look at how the Shadow Universe Twins are doing. Here is the current list.
Shadow Twins Top 20 Prospects for 2011
Here is the current condition of my Shadow Twins farm system. Last year's list here:
1) Brett Lawrie, OF-3B, Grade B+: Blue Jays system in real life, traded from the Brewers for Shaun Marcum, as a second baseman though in the Shadow Universe he is an outfielder. However, Toronto is talking about using him at third base and I find that idea intriguing. I won't trade him in the Shadowverse. First round pick in '08.
2) Jake Odorizzi, RHP, Grade B+: Royals system in real life, traded from the Brewers for Zack Greinke. Won't trade him. First round pick in '08.
3) Alex Wimmers, RHP, Grade B+: 2010 first round pick in both Real and Shadow universe.
4) Miguel Sano, 3B, Grade B: I use the Real Twins international signees in the Shadow Universe.
5) Liam Hendriks, RHP, Grade B: Real Twins international signee.
6) Jay Jackson, RHP, Grade B: ninth round pick in '08. Cubs system ninth round in real life.
7) J.J. Hoover, RHP, Grade B-: 10th round pick in '08. Braves system 10th round in real life.
8) Addison Reed, RHP, Grade B-: second round pick in '10. White Sox third round in real life.
9) Zack Von Rosenberg, RHP, Grade B-: fifth round pick in '09. Pirates sixth round in real life.
10) Eric Thames, OF, Grade B-: third round pick in '08. Blue Jays eighth round in real life.
11) Adrian Salcedo, RHP, Grade B-: Real Twins international.
12) Oswaldo Arcia, OF, Grade B-: Real Twins international.
13) Max Kepler-Rozyki, OF, Grade B-: Real Twins international.
14) Jared Mitchell, OF, Grade C+: first round pick in '09, White Sox first rounder in real life.
15) Wynn Pelzer, RHP, Grade C+: seventh round pick in '07. Went to the Padres in the ninth round in real life, then traded to the Orioles in real life. Did not make this trade.
16) Scott Barnes, LHP, Grade C+: fourth round pick in '08, drafted by Giants eighth round in real life then traded to Indians.
17) Lars Anderson, 1B, Grade C+: first round pick in '06, Red Sox 18th round in real life.
18) David Bromberg, RHP, Grade C+: 32nd round pick in '05, a Real Twins pick I stuck with.
19) Donn Roach, RHP, Grade C+: Third round pick in '10, Angels in real life.
20) Manuel Soliman, RHP, Grade C+: Real Twin international.
21) Nate Roberts, OF, Grade C+: fifth round pick in '10, a Real Twins pick I stuck with.
22) Eddie Rosario, OF, Grade C+: fourth round pick in '10, a Real Twins pick I stuck with.
OTHERS OF NOTE: Matt Bashore, LHP; Michael Bowden, RHP; Erik Cordier, RHP; Erik Davis, RHP; Scott Diamond, LHP; Brian Dozier, SS; Mike Fiers, RHP; Brian Friday, SS; Conor Gillaspie, 3B; Niko Goodrum, SS; Nevin Griffith, RHP; Alex Koronis, RHP; Andrei Lobanov, LHP; Rob Musgrave, LHP; David Newmann, LHP; Josmil Pinto, C; Carlos Ramirez, C; Tyler Robertson, LHP; Josh Satin, 2B; Tom Shirley; LHP; Steve Singleton, SS; Tim Smith, OF; Tom Stuifbergen, RHP; Matt Torra, RHP; Rett Varner, RHP; Pat Venditte, SHP; Dakota Watts, RHP; Chase Whitley, RHP.
Lots of Grade C+/B- in this system, but I need more upside. I don't have enough power arms or impact bats. There is no one here who profiles as a number one starter or a certain closer. I have several guys who could be good utility infielders, but since I list Lawrie as an OF-3B, I don't have much up the middle. I am also weak in catching and Joe Mauer won't be around forever.