Hello everyone, I hope you all are getting used to the new format. It's going to take me some time to get used to as well, so please forgive if there are any errors - thanks! :-) The new site looks very good though, and I like some of the new features added.
According to Tony Lastoria of TheClevelandFan.com, it seems Salcedo has in fact been signed by the Indians for $2.9 million, but the deal will not be made official until he passes his physical, his birthdate and age have been confirmed, etc.
While he does not name the source, Tony is not one to make unsubstantiated claims or rumors, so if he's reporting it on his blog, chances are, it is accurate. We'll likely find out more details in the coming weeks.
Also of interest on that ClevelandFan page is the fact that supposedly, 3B Dominican prospect Kelvin Diaz's visa problems have been cleared up, so he should make his debut in the States this season with either the GCL Indians, the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, or the Lake County Captains.
Five more interesting items on that page:
- C Matt McBride is out until July as he recovers from shoulder surgery he had on the right (? - not sure) shoulder that was bothering him since he was drafted by the Indians in 2006 out of Lehigh University. This may explain to some extent why he was doing a poor job containing the running game last season.
- OF Trevor Crowe blasted a booming opposite-field home run the opposite way in AAA Buffalo's 11-1 victory over the Richmond Braves Monday afternoon, finishing with a line of 1-2, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 1 SB.
- 1B Michael Aubrey had three hits in that same game, and would have had a grand slam if not for the fact a 20-25 MPH wind coming in from RF knocked down his laser shot.
- 1B Ryan Mulhern is hitting .700 (7-10) with 5 2B and 4 RBI this spring.
- OF Nick Weglarz arrived in camp late Sunday night after playing with Team Canada in Olympic qualifiers in Australia and Taiwan. Supposedly, as one of the youngest players in the entire tournament, he hit nearly .500 and led all players in HRs and SLG percentage. Supposedly, at age 20-YO, he is now 245 lbs. and is "all muscle."
Just my 2 cents.
I wish everyone who celebrates it a happy and safe Easter! :-)