My Ranking of the Top Hitting Prospects for the Draft
Keep in mind that this reflects my personal opinion based on my own neural processing of available information, scouting reports, video, historical comparisons, and (in some cases with the college guys) personal observation. Your own mileage may vary a great deal. Talent and projection are the considerations here, not signability.
A longer and more detailed list will be sent to newsletter subscribers today.
- Matt Wieters, C, Georgia Tech
- Jason Heyward, OF, Henry County HS, McDonough, GA
- Mike Moustakas, 3B, Chatsworth HS, CA
- Josh Vitters, 3B, Cypress HS, CA
- Beau Mills, 3B, Lewis Clark State College
- Matt Dominguez, 3B, Chatsworth HS, CA
- Kevin Ahrens, 3B, Memorial HS, Houston, TX
- Devin Mesaraco, C, Punxsutawney HS, PY
- Corey Brown, OF, Oklahoma State
- Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Liberty-Elyau HS, Texarkana, TX
- Matt LaPorta, 1B, University of Florida
- Julio Borbon, OF, University of Tennessee
UPDATE: I'm open to the idea of moving LaPorta ahead of Brown...what do you guys think?