John sent me this to post. He now has 21 teams done.
Seattle Mariners Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Adam Jones, OF, Grade B+
- Jeff Clement, C, Grade B+
- Carlos Triunfel, SS, Grade B+
- Chris Tillman, RHP, Grade B+
- Wladimir Balentien, OF, Grade B+ (maybe Grade B?)
- Tony Butler, LHP, Grade B-
- Phillippe Aumont, RHP, Grade B-
- Juan Ramirez, RHP, Grade C+
- Greg Halman, OF, Grade C+ (tremendous tools, but huge strikeout problems)
- Nick Hill, LHP, Grade C+
- Adam Moore, C, Grade C+ (interesting sleeper prospect)
- Kuo Hui Lo, OF, Grade C+ (sleeper I like a lot)
- Matt Mangini, 3B, Grade C+
- Carlos Peguero, OF, Grade C+ (great power, but strikeouts galore!)
- Michael Saunders, OF, Grade C+
- Robert Rohrbaugh, LHP, Grade C+
- Young Chi Chen, 2B, Grade C+
- Austin Bibens Dirkx, RHP, Grade C
- Ryan Rowland-Smith, LHP, Grade C (good LOOGY)
- Mark Tuiasosopo, 3B, Grade C
Again, don't get bent out of shape about the exact placement of the C+ guys.
The top four B+ guys also can vary. If you are looking for long-term upside, Triunfel is the best but his risk is also high. Jones and Clement are much closer to the majors, less risky, and should be impact guys themselves, so it depends on what you want to emphasize. I like what Tillman did last year in the Cal League.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February!