Florida Marlins Top 20 Prospects for 2008
All grades are EXTREMELY PRELIMINARY and subject to change.
- Cameron Maybin, OF, Grade A-
- Ryan Tucker, RHP, Grade B
- Aaron Thompson, LHP, Grade B
- Chris Volstad, RHP, Grade B
- Gaby Hernandez, RHP, Grade B
- Chris Coghlan, 2B, Grade B
- Matt Dominguez, 3B, Grade B
- Eulegio De La Cruz, RHP, Grade B-
- Brett Sinkbeil, RHP, Grade B-
- Gaby Sanchez, 1B, Grade B-
- Kyle Winters, RHP, Grade C+ (major sleeper)
- Sean West, LHP, Grade C+ (want to see if healthy)
- Dallas Trahern, RHP, Grade C+
- Scott Cousins, OF, Grade C+
- John Raynor, OF, Grade C+
- Hector Correa, RHP, Grade C+
- Logan Morrison, 1B, Grade C+ (intriguing power prospect)
- Burke Badenhop, RHP, Grade C
- Steve Cishek, RHP, Grade C
- Mike Stanton, OF, Grade C (seems way too raw to me to rank higher)
Lots of Grade B pitchers here. Tucker, Thompson, Volstad, and Hernandez are all guys that I like, don't get me wrong, but each of them has at least one serious questionmark on their profile that keeps them out of the B+ category for me at this time. See if you can guess that those issues are for each of them.
Of course, full statistics and reports on over 1,000 other players will be in the 2008 Baseball Prospect Book, now available for pre-order. Ships the first Monday in February!