Anticipating my trip to Corpus I have been looking at the Texas League. Tabbed as an inferior league for some reason, there are many good prospects represented IMO. I will focus on prospects of the Hooks since I know them best and I would like for others to elaborate of others in the TL.
The Hooks have been crushing the league, winning 10 in a row, and do not look like they will slow down. There are several players on the team that have really put together great years thus far, but they are older than their competition. Here are some guys that can do something if things go well.
- Hunter Pence:Nuff said
- Ben Zobrist: He is now 25!!!! He is an all around great hitter with gap power, great plate discipline, and a huge baseball IQ.
- Josh Anderson: IS so comparable to Taveras it is scary. Maybe better plate discipline.
- J.R. House: OLD. Another chance, but not a chance wasted. He has opened a few eyes.
- Matt Albers: A sleeper has emerged. His peripherals are not super, but he has produced to a 5-1 record and 1.79ERA.
- Paul Estrada: I had him as the 9th best Stro pitching prospect preseason. HE is just killing em. 13.5K/9 5.7H/9 .190BAA
If these guys are still at Corpus early in June I will have elaborate reports on them. I hope they are in RR though.
Who do you like in the Texas League?