I have been writing some about what I see going on in baeball right now. I wanted to throw out some of my ideas and get some feedback or criticism.
Below I have some ideas that are not necessarily all brought together right now, but are themes I am trying to work with.
- MLB is a cash-cow right now and this offseason will be another record-setting money grab: GMs continually have increased payrolls to overpay veterans that may be able to perform at some sustained level when a rookie or young player might be better, though less certain sustained levels.
- The value of prospects has never been less. GMs are willing to trade all prospects they don't believe are untouchable, most of the time for marginal veterans that help for a short time and leave.
- There are almost no sellers anymore. GMs are not willing to take public backlash unless under extremely drastic circumstances.
- With several emerging Super Baseball Markets contracts are rising so high prospect scouting will become more important than ever for all teams to compete.
- The relative humorous profit sharing program in place and it's effective/ineffectiveness.